Holders of Passports
1. Submit an ONLINE application.
2. Must submit original passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel and past the date of your expected departure from Uganda;
3. A Money Order of the correct visa fees (Single Entry = $50; Multiple entry = $100; East Africa Tourist Visa = $100);
4. A letter of invitation/introduction, if traveling on business;
5. An international inoculation certificate against yellow fever must be presented at the point of entry into Uganda;
6. Enclose a prepaid, self-addressed UPS, FEDEX, DHL, USPS Priority or Express return envelope. Regular envelopes are not accepted.
Holders of Travel Documents
Holders of travel documents (non-passports) issued by the U.S. Immigration Department to refugees are required to submit the following in addition to the above requirements:
1. An invitation letter from the host legally residing in Uganda.
2. The host must obtain a letter from the local authorities (such as Local Council I Chairman) confirming that he/she resides in that locality.
3. A copy of a Photo ID of the host in Uganda, such as a driver's license, national ID card, passport, etc.
4. A copy of the travel itinerary or airplane ticket clearly showing Uganda as the destination.
Applicants in urgent need of the visa are charged a "expedited fee" of $30 per application. These are usually processed within 1-2 business days. Walk-ins and appointments fall under this category.